The further we move into the 21st century, the more we are discovering that physical activity and structured exercise is one of the best preventative health tools at our disposal. To ensure all members start their health-related fitness process accurately and safely we require all members complete an initial consultation. Follow-up consultations every 90 days are highly recommended for results comparison, exercise prescription adjustments and education.
Remember true health is not just the absence of disease but a journey to health optimization through appropriate physical activity and structured exercise.
Contact David (email@example.com) to book your Inital Consultation!
The Annual Consultation Program Includes:
- In depth pre activity screening to ensure exercise safety.
- Pre-exercise physiological measures such as:
- Resting blood pressure, pulse and estimated maximal heart rate for sub maximal testing and training
- Body composition analysis that covers multiple approaches to ensure the best understanding of what goals are appropriate for the individual.
- Analysis of exercise and activity that is appropriate for daily life both at the gym and for activities of daily living
- Cardiovascular assessment that looks at both central health (your heart) and peripheral health (how well your muscles are utilizing oxygen and fuel).
- Musculoskeletal assessment that looks at endurance, strength and power as well as functional range of motion and balance.
- Exercise prescription based on multiple scenarios that fits appropriately into your life.
- Education around such topics as chronic condition management, appropriate health-related fitness goals, long term health planning, better understanding of fitness research, fitness versus fatness and more.
- 3 follow up assessments every 90 days to ensure that you are being supported and progressing. You will receive automatic email or text appointment reminders 48 hours in advance of each appointment, as well as a confirmation call from your Fitness Consultant.
- Have a light snack 2-3 hours prior to your appointment.
- Come ready to exercise: workout attire, gym shoes and a towel.
- Allow at least 90 minutes for your visit.
- Do not have chocolate, soft drinks, coffee, tea or cigarettes for 8 hours prior to your consultation.
- Do not have alcohol for 24 hours prior to your consultation.
- Do not exercise for 12 hours prior to your appointment.
- Do not schedule any important appointments immediately following your consultation so that we will be able to answer all of your questions.
Your Fitness Consultant will email you a series of screen shots with your assessment results. If you prefer they can also provide you with a printout of the various charts and graphs. You are now able to use the various normative data charts below to see how you compare to individuals in your age group. Please remember that your initial results are only a starting point and you should no way feel inadequate or defeated if you did not achieve the levels you were hoping for. This is why you are here, and you should congratulate yourself for taking the first step and getting a realistic picture in terms of what it takes to make a real change. Thanks for allowing us to be a part of your fitness journey and we look forward to working with you and doing our very best to help you achieve your dreams and goals.